Oracle SQL Developer 2.1 Early Adopter now available (min JDK 1.6 update11) - 24th September '09
We can check Oracle SQL Developer 2.1: New Features and Feature List.
I mention a book titled "Oracle SQL Developer 2.1" written by Sue Harper (Sue's Blog). Sue wrote an excellent Oracle SQL Developer's guide. "Oracle SQL Developer 2.1" covers SQL Developer fundamentals as well more intermediate and advanced topics, this book uses in-depth explanation and detailed examples to help you get the most out of Oracle SQL Developer.
What we will learn from this book:
- Build complex queries based on a number of tables using visual Query Builder
- Assess the health of your database, data structure of your application, and data in that application with built-in as well as user-defined reports
- Create, compile, and debug PL/SQL code and explore available features to facilitate writing PL/SQL code
- Integrate your SQL Developer with open source version control systems CVS and Subversion, which allow checking out of files from a repository, editing, and checking them back in
- Enter and execute your SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL*Plus statements with the SQL Worksheet interface
- Produce easily replicable scripts that copy and move data from one database instance to another, or from one schema to another
- Create advanced database connections using a variety of connection and authentication types available for Oracle as well as non-Oracle databases
- Create, review, and update database schema designs with SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Augment your environment with features that are specific to your needs by extending your SQL Developer with XML structured user-defined extensions
- Monitor and manage your Application Express applications by integrating with SQL Developer
- Set up an easy and quick migration environment for your database schema by using the migration repository
- Browse and review non-Oracle databases, before using the migration environment to migrate and consolidate databases on the Oracle platform
After I reviewed this ebook. This book is helpful to start Oracle SQL Developer 2.1 step by step.
We can use this book to be reference/manual when we use Oracle SQL Developer.
- SQL Developer on OTN