Oracle 10g/11g Data and Database Management Utilities Book explains utility to optimize the efficiency, management, and performance of your daily database tasks.
"Oracle 10g/11g Data and Database Management Utilities" written by Hector R. Madrid (Blog).
He wrote about Data Pump/SQL*Loader/External Tables/Recovery Manager Advanced Techniques/Session Management/... (Table of Contents)
What we will learn from this book:
- Improve performance and manageability using the advanced features of direct export/import utilities among different databases
- Optimize your maintenance windows related to data management tasks such as importing data from one database to another using Data Pump and SQL*Loader
- Perform more than just the ETL processes by taking advantage of the external tables feature
- Use Oracle Scheduler to specify maintenance windows, assign priorities, configure job classes and many more features, and take decisions based on the task outcome
- Get acquainted with all the possibilities the Oracle Universal Installer tool offers to make the installation task more efficient
- Execute effective database creations: not just default creations, but comprehensive database creations
- Configure and manage an ASM environment using DBCA
- Improve performance and reduce the impact of recovery manager database backups in production environments
- Increase the security in an Oracle environment, protect the backups, and manage certificates using Oracle Wallet Manager
- Perform installations in batch environments and manage your software updates related to Critical Patch Updates (CPU) or individual patches using OPatch
After I read, this book is very helpful good ideas/examples to use Oracle Database utilities.
Example: EXPDP with FLASHBACK_SCN, SQL*Loader with Parallel Load and ...
- Oracle Database Utilities (10g, 11g)
- Oracle Documents (10g, 11g)
- Hector R. Madrid's Blog