Coherence provides replicated and distributed (partitioned) data management and caching services on top of a reliable, highly scalable peer-to-peer clustering protocol. We can learn more at Oracle Coherence Knowledge Base.
I mention a book titles Oracle Coherence 3.5 written by Leading Oracle Coherence => Aleksandar Seovic, Mark Falco, Patrick Peralta (Blog)... this essential book will teach us how to use Oracle Coherence. This book will teach us from Good Samples.
This book provides best practice, idea and guide from simple to more advanced topic. When we need to learn/implement Oracle Coherence, this book is helpful.
What we will learn from this book:
- Best use distributed caching to reduce the load on the backend database
- Design and implement your domain objects to work most effectively with Coherence
- Apply Domain Driven Design (DDD) principles to Coherence applications
- Query and aggregate data efficiently within the Coherence grid
- Boost application performance by executing tasks in parallel within the grid
- Leverage Coherence events and continuous queries to provide real-time updates to client applications
- Integrate various persistence technologies, such as JDBC, Hibernate, or TopLink, with Coherence
- Access Coherence from .NET and C++ applications using Coherence*Extend
- Test and debug Coherence-related code