Oracle Application Express(Oracle APEX), formerly called HTML DB, is a rapid web application development tool for the Oracle database. Using only a web browser and limited programming experience, we can develop and deploy professional applications that are both fast and secure.
I mention a book titles "Oracle Application Express 3.2 – The Essentials and More" written by Arie Geller and Matthew Lyon. We can see Arie Geller on OTN Forums(APEX), He's helped many people.
The "Oracle Application Express 3.2 – The Essentials and More" book has 24 chapters: APEX Basic Concepts, The Application Builder Basic Concepts and Building Blocks, APEX Best Practices and ...
This book is an essential APEX for developers, web developers and who wish to learn web applications in the Oracle environment.
What we will learn from this book:
- Understand important concepts of APEX such as Session State, Substitution Strings, the Shortcuts mechanism, and more
- Create the APEX application building blocks, like pages, items, processes, data validation, shared components, and others, and use them to implement the User Interface and the application (business) logic
- Generate APEX Forms and modify them to your needs using the APEX wizards
- Build, display, and validate a Tabular Form, manually as well as using a wizard
- Create and modify Interactive Reports
- Understand the AJAX concepts, such as XMLHttpRequest, communication, and data format, in order to enhance users' experience, and to optimize application performance
- Secure your applications using Authentication Schemes, Authorization Schemes, Session State Protection, and Security Attributes
- Build localized and/or multi-lingual applications using the APEX Globalization support, including the APEX built-in translation mechanism
- Convert Microsoft Access and Oracle Forms applications to APEX applications
- Explore APEX SQL Workshop via its modules such as Object Browser, SQL Commands, SQL Scripts, and Query Builder, and learn how to use them to build the database infrastructure and support for your application
- Implement AJAX in APEX with the help of detailed working examples