Oracle Real Application Cluster(RAC) provides unbeatable fault tolerance, performance, and scalability with no application changes necessary. Oracle RAC is a cluster database with a shared cache architecture that overcomes the limitations of traditional shared-nothing and shared-disk approaches to provide a highly scalable and available database solution for all our business applications.
I mentions a book... Oracle 11g R1/R2 Real Application Clusters Handbook written by Ben Prusinski (blog), Guenadi Jilevski (blog) and Syed Jaffar Hussain (blog). They have had a lot of experience about Oracle Database, Applications and Oracle Real Application Clusters.
This book is helpful about designation, implementation, administration and management for someone who interest in Oracle RAC DBA as well as It explains new features for Oracle 11g R1/R2 RAC and ASM.
What we will learn from this book :
- Administer, implement, and manage Oracle 11g RAC environments for real-world deployments
- Understand the high availability concepts and solutions that are available for Oracle 11g RAC
- Discover the key architectural design and installation techniques required to successfully deploy Oracle 11g RAC
- Add functionality to your RAC environment by incorporating new RAC features such as Automatic Storage Management
- Effectively manage the complex 11g Clusterware, using key troubleshooting tips and techniques.
- Successfully implement database creation methods, manage the RAC database, and handle workload in your RAC environment efficiently
- Plan your backup and recovery strategy appropriately
- Know when and how to upgrade your RAC environment effectively
- Deploy Oracle 11g RAC with complex standard-off-the-shelf systems like Oracle EBS
- Understand key new features for 11g R1/R2 RAC and ASM
If you have plan to begin Oracle RAC DBA, I believe this book can help you to learn and improve.