PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. PHP is the popular programming language to produce dynamic web pages. You can see many applications/frameworks what were developed by PHP programming language.
If You are PHP developer or someone who interests to learn on Examples from the PHP World. I mention this book titled Real-World Solutions for Developing High-Quality PHP Frameworks and Applications by Sebastian Bergmann, Stefan Priebsch.
This book doesn't teach you for PHP programming. But It teaches you the planning, execution, automation of tests for the different software layers, the measuring of software quality using software metrics, and the application of appropriate practices such as continuous integration. If You are developing project by using PHP programming language. You can learn PHP by surfing Internet and etc. But... How to learn from Real World Solutions?
First time, I requested this book for review. I thought I will see How to program by using PHP language. But Not!!! I have seen something better than. I see How to define software quality and test the different layers of software. I learn how the developers of Digg Inc. and TYPO3 project implement them also. and etc... I learn the Case Study from the Real World(PHP) Solutions. By the way, if you are looking a new book what help you for PHP project, this book is useful for you.
This book has 6 parts (17 Chapters):
PART I: FOUNDATIONS.
* CHAPTER 1: SOFTWARE QUALITY.
* CHAPTER 2: SOFTWARE TESTING.
PART II: BEST PRACTICES.
* CHAPTER 3: TYPO3: THE AGILE FUTURE OF A PONDEROUS PROJECT.
* CHAPTER 4: UNIT TESTING BAD PRACTICES.
* CHAPTER 5: QUALITY ASSURANCE AT DIGG INC.
PART III: SERVERS AND SERVICES.
* CHAPTER 6: TESTING SERVICE-ORIENTED APIS.
* CHAPTER 7: TESTING A WEBDAV SERVER.
PART IV: ARCHITECTURE.
* CHAPTER 8: TESTING SYMFONY AND SYMFONY PROJECTS.
* CHAPTER 9: TESTING THE EZCGRAPH COMPONENT.
* CHAPTER 10: TESTING DATABASE INTERACTION.
PART V: Q&A IN THE LARGE.
* CHAPTER 11: QUALITY ASSURANCE AT STUDIVZ.
* CHAPTER 12: CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION.
* CHAPTER 13: SWOODOO: A TRUE AGILE STORY.
PART VI: NON-FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS.
* CHAPTER 14: USABILITY.
* CHAPTER 15: PERFORMANCE TESTING.
* CHAPTER 16: SECURITY.
* CHAPTER 17: CONCLUSION.
Sebastian Bergmann is a cofounder of The PHP Consulting Company. He is a thought leader on software quality assurance and author of PHPUnit and various other tools. He is a sought-after speaker at conferences around the world.
Stefan Priebsch is a cofounder of The PHP Consulting Company, helping customers to improve their development processes and make better use of PHP. He is the author of various books and a frequent speaker at IT conferences.
6 hours ago