View Updating and Relational Theory Solving the View Update Problem By C.J. Date.
This book is the third in a series. Its predecessors were as follows:
- SQL and Relational Theory: How to Write Accurate SQL Code (2nd edition)
- Database Design and Relational Theory: Normal Forms and All That Jazz
Before reading this book or learn view updating problem. You are supposed to know what relations, attributes, and tuples are. They are things help readers to read this book. As this book target is database professionals, or more generally anyone interested in the relational model, relational technology, or relational systems in general. I don't need to write mention too much for this book, because it's a good book and benefit with anyone interest it. You can use this book for class in the College and etc.
Book benefits :
- Help database products improve in the future
- Help with a "roll your own" implementation, absent such product improvements
- Make you aware of the crucial role of predicates and constraints
- Show you how relational products are really supposed to behave