A book will guide you how to do the connection between MongoDB and the business problem it's designed to solve. Learn how to apply MongoDB design patterns with some Cases such as e-commerce, content management ans etc. You will see demonstrates from this book, that's very useful for readers. I believe this book is useful for someone who are interested in learning practical patterns for solving problems and designing applications using MongoDB.
This book has 2 parts: Part I introduces the reader to some generally applicable design patterns in MongoDB and Part II: Use Cases. This is good part. It covers a particular problem domain and the techniques and patterns used to address the problem:
- Operational intelligence: Perform real-time analytics of business data
- Ecommerce: Use MongoDB as a product catalog master or inventory management system
- Content management: Learn methods for storing content nodes, binary assets, and discussions
- Online advertising networks: Apply techniques for frequency capping ad impressions, and keyword targeting and bidding
- Social networking: Learn how to store a complex social graph, modeled after Google+
- Online gaming: Provide concurrent access to character and world data for a multiplayer role-playing game