This book was written about programming data visualization for non-programmer. You're able read this book and use it, even through you have no experience working with data or code.
Benefits in this book:
- Dynamically generate web page elements from your data—and choose visual encoding rules to style them
- Create bar charts, scatter plots, pie charts, stacked bar charts, and force-directed layouts
- Use smooth, animated transitions to show changes in your data
- Introduce interactivity to help users explore data through different views
- Create customized geographic maps with data
- Explore hands-on with downloadable code and over 100 examples
I believe this book will give benefit for someone who is interested in interactive Data Visualization by using D3 and readers will enjoy with this book and examples
BTW, use https://github.com/alignedleft/d3-book/ to download codes.