Author, she is CTO and co-founder of Piction, an Oracle PL/SQL based app that allows for the delivery of Images on the internet. Marcelle has been working in the IT industry for 20 years. In this time she has presented over 40 papers in Australia and the United States. Marcelle is both a DBA and Developer and has had experience using Oracle on MVS, VMS, Unix and Windows. She has worked on ultra-small databases to multi-terabyte sized ones. Marcelle has been using Oracle Multimedia since Oracle8, and has been using Oracle as a DBA and Developer since Oracle4. She also specialises in PL/SQL, Java, Gateways, Very Large Databases, Security and Database tuning. Her current focus is on Digital Imaging, Audio, Video, Spatial and all other types of binary object.
This book has 10 chapters. You will learn.
- Discover a whole new world beyond relational databases
- Understand what is involved in selling a digital image
- Learn about the different types of multimedia warehouses
- Uncover the truth behind searching for digital objects
- Understand the complete picture for tuning an Oracle database with multimedia
- Get to grips with all the issues in setting up a digital asset e-commerce system
- Understand what multimedia and unstructured data really is
- Realise how the Oracle database can work with multimedia
- Get to grips with digital image processing and transformation techniques
- Expand your database knowledge to include complex data
- Add credibility to your resume by adopting this new and visually exciting technological direction
Note: Appendix E, Loading and Reading, is not present in the book but is available for download at the following link: http://www.packtpub.com/sites/default/files/downloads/AppendixE_loading_and_reading.pdf
What do I think? Easy to read and clearly about digital data. Give good idea to manage unstructured data, show idea why there uses Oracle Database and learn from good examples. This book will give benefit for some people who are interested in managing multimedia and Unstructured data in the Oracle Database or increasing knowledge about Data Digital. This book covers about database tuning as well. This chapter helps DBAs learn new concepts, skills, and techniques that are required to manage very large multimedia databases. You also get idea to understand the limitations of oracle database with unstructured data.