Programming Elastic MapReduce Using AWS Services to Build an End-to-End Application By Kevin Schmidt, Christopher Phillips.
- Get an overview of the AWS and Apache software tools used in large-scale data analysis
- Go through the process of executing a Job Flow with a simple log analyzer
- Discover useful MapReduce patterns for filtering and analyzing data sets
- Use Apache Hive and Pig instead of Java to build a MapReduce Job Flow
- Learn the basics for using Amazon EMR to run machine learning algorithms
- Develop a project cost model for using Amazon EMR and other AWS tools