Penetration Testing A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking By Georgia Weidman. A book was written about the basic of Penetration testing. It gave concepts, ideas, and techniques in 5 parts: The Basics, Assessments, Attacks, Exploit Development and Mobile Hacking.
- Crack passwords and wireless network keys with brute-forcing and wordlists
- Test web applications for vulnerabilities
- Use the Metasploit Framework to launch exploits and write your own Metasploit modules
- Automate social-engineering attacks
- Bypass antivirus software
- Turn access to one machine into total control of the enterprise in the post exploitation phase